Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday Reflections...

Ok, I just have to throw in this very short little post because today is my 34th birthday. Some days (like today) I just feel old, but I think that is mainly due to lack of sleep and my crazy hectic life. But really, time has just gotten away from me in what seems like the blink of an eye. Has it really been 16 years since I graduated high school? Within that span of time I've moved to Italy, gotten married, moved to Mississippi, got my very own puppy, moved back home to Indiana, bought a house, sold a house, graduated from college, had two beautiful children, worked for the same company for over 10 years, cried a river when my granddad passed away and again when I buried my 12 year old 'puppy', embraced camping and family vacations, and started my own business which has started a whole new chapter in my life so far.

Just for the record I'd like to say that I am blessed. Although there are days that I struggle, and drag myself out of bed just to be greeted with a terrible day, or more things on my 'To Do' list than I can possibly finish, I know that I am loved, I am needed, I am healthy and alive.

So today is just another day on my journey to be thankful that I have made it to the age of 34, and for all the moments, trials and blessings that have gotten me to this point in my life. I would not be where I am today without my family, friends, and the many blessings the Lord has given me.

Oh, and I also got flowers from my husband and I didn't have to cook supper- So heck yeah, I AM BLESSED!



Until next time-
Jill♥

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had a very interesting, busy life. At least you have been places and accomplished a lot of things some of us only hope for. Which is because you are smart and disciplined. Continue your role in life and you will look back and be very proud of all your accomplishments : ) Again Happy 34th Birthday !!! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing :) Found you on Haute Mamas team on Etsy. :)

    ReplyDelete