Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe the end of another year has arrived so soon. I have been scrambling the last month or so trying to get too many things done at once, which I'm sure many others have done as well due to the holidays. It always seems so overwhelming and the push to get it all done is relentless. Added to the chaos of my life, I decided to update a dollhouse that was handmade for me as a child by my grandfather. It had been collecting dust up in the attic for years, and I got the bright idea to clean it up and repaint, wallpaper and repair it for a gift to my daughter at Christmas.

Let me just say - I really should have given myself more time to devote to this little project. 5 hours spread out over a month just wasn't enough. *sigh*
Although I didn't get to do all the updating I would've liked, I did accomplish the main tasks, like repairing the staircase, some of the furniture and repainting the exterior (it went from a light blue with white trim to pink and brown). I also re-hung the wall paper in two rooms. Most everything else was in good enough shape to keep. All in all it was a great learning experience, and my daughter loves it, but I don't think I will be attempting a large craft project like this again... unless of course I have loads of free time to devote to it. ;)




So, now that the hustle of the holidays are over, and my baby girl has her "new-again" doll house, it's time for me to set some New Year's resolutions. Have you got yours figured out? I've been thinking of things I want to make a priority in my business this coming year and thought I better keep a record of it, just to be sure it gets done! Here is my list..

- Make some kind of street banner to hang in my town.
Signs and banners are a great form of long-term promotion and the best part is once the item is paid for it's free advertising for years!

- Devote more time to designing and creating what I love, then list it on a regular basis. (I sometimes get carried away with promoting and my Etsy shop gets a little slim on merchandise.)

- Get my paperwork and tax information better organized. Right now there is somewhat of a method to my madness, but only I can make sense of it. I need a better method, with less madness!

I think that is a pretty good start for the new year. I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year and nothing but happiness with what life brings in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment